Orange-glazed bundt cake
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 50 degrees F.
- Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray and flour, shaking out excess flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until pale yellow. Beat in eggs, orange zest and juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour with baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to batter alternating with milk, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, whisk confectioners’ sugar with orange juice until smooth. When cake is completely cooled drizzle glaze over cake.