Korean Style Short Ribs
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin or sweet Sherry
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 pounds bone-in short ribs
- Whisk soy sauce with mirin, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic and onions.
- Pour mixture into a large resealable plastic bag and add ribs.
- Seal bag and flip a few times to coat ribs well. Chill ribs overnight, turning bag a few times to coat.
- When ready to serve, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove ribs from liquid and discard liquid. Place ribs on grill and cook until desired doneness and browned on the outside, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.