A new St. Patrick’s Day menu
Each year on St. Patrick's Day you can celebrate your Irish heritage, whether or not you are even actually Irish. Preparing a mouthwatering Irish meal paired with a Guiness or Irish coffee is a delicious way to enjoy being Irish for a day and revel in all things green.
St. Patrick's Day menu
Invite your family, friends and neighbors over to enjoy this festive Irish feast.
- Irish Cheddar Fondue (recipe below)
- Irish Soda Bread
- Guinness Braised Corned Beef Casserole (recipe below)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Cabbage and Apple Bake
- Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes (recipe below)
- Irish Candy Potatoes
- Beers: Guinness, Murphy's, Smithwicks
- Irish coffee
- Irish whiskey
Black Velvet (Guinness and Champagne)
St. Patrick's Day recipes
Irish cheddar fondue
- 2 cups red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups small Brussels sprouts
- 2 apples, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 pound Irish cheddar cheese, grated
- 2-1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- At least 3/4 cup Irish stout (like Guinness)
- 6 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Steam potatoes, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts in a large pot until tender, about 15 minutes. Arrange vegetables and apples on a serving platter and reserve for dipping.
- Combine cheese and flour in a bowl. Add Irish stout, apple juice and mustard to a large saucepot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese mixture in increments, stirring continually until melted and smooth. If you like your fondue thinner, then add more stout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour fondue into a fondue pot or into a fondue pot or slow-cooker and serve with steamed vegetables, apples and Irish soda bread for dipping.