Instead of your traditional BLT or chicken salad sandwich, give you lunch a fresh boost with seafood. This recipe uses salmon, which is not only tasty but also healthy.
Salmon is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Some research shows that salmon can help improve brain health and longevity, as well as improve your mood. Try these sandwiches next time you want something a little bit different for lunch or a light dinner.
Salmon BLT recipe
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 4 each 5-6 ounce salmon filets
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 each plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 2 cups American field greens, washed and dried
- 8 slices, medium thickness, cooked applewood smoked bacon
- melted butter
- 4 each sourdough buns
- 4 ounces remoulade sauce
- Brush the Salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon over a medium hot flame until desired doneness is reached.
- Toast sourdough bun then brush lightly with melted butter.
- Place the lettuce on the bun, followed by the tomato and bacon. Top with Bacon, then Salmon. Serve with remoulade.
Recipe and image, courtesy of Red Lobster.
**Chef’s tip: Salmon can be grilled on an indoor or outdoor grill the night before, perhaps while preparing a delicious salmon recipe for your family. For dinner recipes featuring fresh salmon, visit RedLobster.com