Pineapple tea sandwich recipe
Yields 25 – 50 mini sandwiches
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large loaf sandwich bread
- In a frying pan, combine the pineapple, flour, walnuts and sugar.
- Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool. Mix in the mayonnaise.
- Cover, and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the crust from the bread, and spread the pineapple-mayo mixture onto slices. Cut each sandwich into quarters.