Corn flakes aren’t just for breakfast. You can use them in a variety of dishes, including casseroles, desserts and side dishes. If you are looking a unique twist on your traditional meals this holiday season, check out these delicious recipes using Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
People love corn flakes in a variety of different ways. In the last year, Kellogg’s received nearly 7,000 inquiries asking for recipes. Here they have provide recipes for three fabulous side dishes, along with a stuffing recipe, that are perfect for the holidays.
Cheddar broccoli corn bake
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded, low-fat low sodium Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
1. In 2-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the margarine over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal and corn. Remove from heat.
2. Arrange broccoli in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine in small saucepan. Stir in remaining cereal. Sprinkle over casserole.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve hot.
Read on to the next page for the Sweet Potato Bake made with corn flakes.