Pork chops and apples recipe
- 6 thick-cut pork chops
- 1/2 cup refrigerated egg product
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried whole leaf sage
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (14 ounces each) packages presliced apples
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- Fresh snipped parsley (optional)
Preparation and freezing directions:
- Place chops in a large zip-top plastic bag and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together egg product, 1/2 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice, and all of the garlic salt and sage. Pour egg product mixture over chops in bag. Massage bag to coat chops. Squeeze out air and seal.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter and the remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Add apples and toss to coat. Place apple mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Place sealed bag of chops and sealed bag of apples in large freezer bag. Seal bag, label, and freeze.
Thawing and cooking directions:
- Thaw completely in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place apples in 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Remove chops from egg mixture.
- Place bread crumbs in shallow dish and coat chops with bread crumbs. Place chops on top of apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with snipped parsley, if using, and serve.
Make make-ahead meals
14 Simple make-ahead meals to prep dinner for the week
Make-ahead freezer meals for when you don’t feel like cooking
20 Healthy make-ahead snacks