Chocolate pumpkin spice cake
For a different cake that your whole family will love, try this chocolate pumpkin spice cake. Spice cake is a favorite cake for fall and this recipe mixes it up a bit by adding pumpkin puree, cocoa and golden raisins.
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lb pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add in sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and eggs.
- Add baking powder and soda in pinches, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Continue stirring and add in salt, spices and cocoa.
- Stir in the flour until blended, then add nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for 10 minute in pan.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack for 30 minutes more. Dust with sugar.