Presidential campaign-inspired cocktails
With the 2008 Presidential Campaign really heating up, sit back and enjoy one of these fierce campaign-inspired cocktails. No matter who you are voting for come November - John McCain, Barack Obama or someone else - you can enjoy both of these delicious beverages.
Created by Darryl "DR Mixologist" Robinson, a bar star often recognized for his unique cocktail combinations, here are recipes for the McCain Julep and Obama Rising.
- mint leaves
- simple syrup (approx. 1 tsp sugar)
- dash of lime juice
- Mix ingredients together, shake.
- Serve on the rocks.
- 2 oz Ciroc Vodka (only vodka produced from grapes)
- Red Bull
- Shake together in an iced mixing glass.
- Strain mixture into martini glass and top off with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.