Affordable family meals - Salmon croquettes and more
Are you looking for ways to cut food costs? With these easy recipes, you can feed a family of four for less than $10. These affordable family meals are delicious too! Enjoy salmon croquettes, chicken with tomatoes and okra, or pork and sweet potato stew.
Salmon croquetteswith horseradish mayonnaise
Serves 4Salmon can be every day good when you make it into this easy patty. Canned salmon is an affordable source of protein. For best flavor and quality, look for cans labeled king (or Chinook) salmon.
- 1 cup LouAna vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 (7.5-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt