Japanese sake is a potent alcoholic beverage made from rice. In America, sake is normally served hot and straight in Japanese restaurants. However, sake can also be used to make a variety of delicious cocktails.
Beginning on Labor Day, Benihana restaurants will start serving their new Sake Sangria. Benihana was kind enough to share this recipe for an at-home version of the refreshing drink.
Sake sangriaper person
- 1 oz sake
- 3 oz Beaujolais wine
- 1 oz plum wine
- 1/4 oz grenadine syrup
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
- 1 orange slices
- 1 apple wedge
- Start by slicing an apple and an orange into 1/2 wedges.
- Mix sake, Beaujolais and plum wine, grenadine syrup and orange juice in a cool, tall mixing glass.
- Squeeze 2 orange wedges into the mix and drop them into the mixing glass.
- Add 1 apple wedge.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for ten seconds with a cocktail shaker.
- Garnish with an orange wedge.