Flavored vodka recipes
Three Olives Vodka is proud to announce three new flavored vodkas - tomato, root beer, and espresso - to add to their already abundant line of vodka infusions. In addition to making incredibly fun - or elegant - drinks, flavored vodkas can also be used in some of your favorite dishes.
Visit ThreeOlives.com for a luscious list of recipes for every one of their flavored vodkas. Or start with the following four recipes, which are infused with novel vodka flavors. Enjoy!
Flavored Vodka Recipes
Penne alla Three Olives Tomato VodkaServes 6
Store-bought marinara has nothing over on this homemade tomato vodka-infused pasta sauce. You can even use the sauce for your favorite chicken or eggplant parmigiana recipe.
1 pound dry penne or another pasta of your choosing
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Crushed hot red pepper to taste
1/2 cup Three Olives tomato vodka
3/4 cup canned tomato puree
1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, simmer olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
2. Add tomato, onion and crushed pepper and simmer for about 3 minutes. Stir in vodka and bring to a lively simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato puree and heavy cream or evaporated milk and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in cheese until melted, and add parsley, salt, and pepper. Keep sauce warm over very low heat until pasta is ready. Serve pasta topped with sauce and garnished with minced fresh parsley and extra cheese.
Fresh Berries and Vanilla Vodka CreamServes 4 to 6
With berries in season, this indulgent dessert is a natural for the after-dinner summer sweet tooth. Be sure to use ripe berries for the best berry flavor.
2 pints mixed fresh ripe berries
Juice and grated zest of a small lemon
1/4 cup Three Olives Vanilla Vodka
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened, slightly melting
1/2 cup whipped cream
Fresh mint leaves
1. Place berries and lemon juice and zest in a bowl, gently tossing to coat. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix vodka, sour cream, and ice cream together. Fold in whipped cream. Divide berries among 4 to 6 dessert bowls and top with vanilla vodka cream. Garnish each with a fresh mint leaf.
Grown Up Root Beer FloatServes 1
Root beer-infused vodka is a fun new flavor from Three Olives. If you liked root beer floats as a kid, you are going to love this grown up ice cream treat.
2 ounces Three Olives Root Beer Vodka
4 ounces root beer
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
Pour vodka and root beer into a tall glass. Add ice cream and serve with a straw.
Espresso Vodka with Irish CreamServes 1
One of the new flavors from Three Olives, espresso-infused vodka is especially delish when mixed with Bailey's Irish Cream.
1 ounce Three Olives Espresso Vodka
1 shot espresso
1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
Cocoa powder for dusting
Pour vodka and espresso in a cup and stir. Pour Bailey's on top and dust with cocoa powder.
Note: This drink can also be served cold. Shake vodka and cool espresso in a shaker with ice. Strain into a glass and float Bailey's on top. Dust with cocoa powder.
Be sure to visit the SheKnows.com Food and Recipes Channel for even more food and drink recipes.