Homemade Oreo ice cream cake recipe
Celebrate summer birthdays, anniversaries, or just a beautiful day with this crunchy, chocolatey, chilled treat. Ice cream cakes are easy to make and so perfect for summertime.
Oreo ice cream cake
- 1/2 gallon any flavor ice cream
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 container whipped topping
- Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften. Set aside 12 Oreos.
- Take remaining Oreos and place in a large plastic bag. Crush with a rolling pin or frying pan.
- Mix crushed Oreos with melted butter and pat into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan.
- Gently stir ice cream to soften it a bit more. Spoon ice cream on top of Oreo crust. Smooth top and sides with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Cover cake with foil and place in freezer for about 4 hours. Remove cake from freezer and run a knife around the edge of the pan so it doesn't stick. Remove sides of pan.
- Move cake to a cutting board. Cover sides and top of cake with whipped topping. Decorate with whole or halved Oreos and some crushed Oreos. Return cake to freezer for 3 to 4 hours. Soften about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.