Baked cinnamon french toast
Don't just pour your Rice Krispies into a bowl with milk. Instead, use this delicious breakfast cereal to create fantastic breakfast recipes for your family, such as cinnamon French toast.
Kellogg's Rice Krispies recently worked with real moms and five parenting experts to develop the "Childhood Is Calling" report. This report is dedicated to helping families take a step back from busy schedules and spend more time together.
The report includes tips for moms, dads and even grandparents on ways to connect with their children. One of the easiest ways to connect and create lasting memories is by cooking together! They have some great recipes on their website, ChildhoodIsCalling.com, that incorporate Rice Krispies cereal into very delicious dishes. Celebrate Rice Krispies' 80th birthday this year by enjoying one of these breakfast recipes with your family.
Baked cinnamon french toastPrep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk or evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 8 slices (1-inch thick) French or Italian bread (about 3- to 4-inches in diameter)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2 medium bananas, sliced or 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
Directions1. In shallow dish stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to generously coat both sides. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 450 degrees F about 11 minutes or until light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Turn bread slices. Sprinkle with Kellog's Rice Krispies cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over cereal. Bake at 450 degrees F about 5 minutes more or until light brown.
5. Top each slice with some banana slices. Serve with syrup.
Egg-ceptional egg bakePrep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 3+ hours 30 minutes
- 5 cups cubed multi-grain or other firm-textured bread (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
Directions1. Place half of the bread pieces in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2 qt.) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with ham and cheddar cheese. Arrange remaining bread pieces on top.
2. In medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, sage, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture in dish. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Sprinkle with cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 325 degrees F about 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares.
Recipes courtesy of ChildhoodIsCalling.com