Nectarine neufchatel cheesecake
Makes 8 Servings
- 12 ounce Neufchatel (1/3 less fat cream cheese), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cup fat-free plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 (6-oz.) ready-to-use natural graham cracker pie crust (with no trans fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh California nectarines, pitted and diced
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and extracts with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add egg whites and eggs, beat just until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake for 35 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool on rack, then refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled.
- Whisk together honey and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add nectarines and mint and toss gently.
- Just before serving, top each slice with nectarine mixture. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Per serving: 280 calories, 8g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 16g total fat, 60mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 1g fiber.
Courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement