Cold pea soup
Cold pea soup might not sound that appetizing but it's actually delicious and it's perfect for summer. This pea soup recipe uses frozen peas and chicken broth, so it's easy to make too!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 1 pound of frozen petite peas
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add in the chicken broth and mint. Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Add the peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Return to rolling boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer five minutes until peas are tender but not mushy.
- PurÃ©e pea mixture along with cream in a blender. Taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
- Allow to cool and then chill to serve cold.
- Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Makes 4 servings.