German Lightning Cake - Blitzkuchen
This delicious cake is called Blitzkuchen or German Lightning Cake because it's lightning fast to prepare and bake. But just because it's quick doesn't mean it's not delicious. If you are looking for a quick dessert to make for your family, try this yummy recipe.
This cake recipe for Blitzkuchen is so simple that your kids can help out in the kitchen with the mixing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- powdered sugar, if desired
- Using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Slowly add eggs to creamed mixture.
- Pour in lemon juice and continue mixing. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased shallow pan, letting it spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve warm.