This summer, instead of beer or wine, try one of these crisp, refreshing summer cocktails instead. The mojito is a minty choice, while the broken lawn mower is a spicy cocktail that provides a kick.
Classic mojito recipe
The minty mojito is a refreshing cocktail that is perfect for an afternoon party or summer barbecue. In this video, you can learn how to make the perfect mojito.
- 12 mint leaves, plus more for garnishing
- Crushed ice
- 1-1/4 ounces spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces soda water
- Place mint leaves in the bottom of a glass. Fill with crushed ice about 2/3 full. Add rum, sugar and lime juice.
- Muddle the mixture in the glass. Top with soda water and mint leaves to garnish.
Broken lawn mower recipe
Another fabulous summer cocktail is the broken lawn mower. This is the perfect cocktail for Dad on Father’s Day or anytime he needs to perfect excuse of avoiding his worst weekend chore.
- 1-1/2 ounce Sobieski Vodka
- 3 ounces chilled beef bouillon
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 dash habanero sauce (optional)
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Spicy salt (equal parts coarse salt, black pepper, chipotle or regular chili powder and lime zest)
- Moisten rim of highball glass with lime.
- Roll outer lip in a saucer filled with the spicy salt mixture.
- Shake all ingredients thoroughly.
- Strain over ice into the pre-rimmed highball glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a pickled hot pepper.
“The broken lawn mower is best served with lots of ice and a spicy pickled hot pepper for that extra kick,” said mixologist Tad Carducci, who created this cocktail. “The peppery Dankowski rye in Sobieski Vodka matches well with the spicy flavors in the broken lawn mower. I recommend enjoying a broken lawn mower outside in the backyard over a great conversation with your Dad.”
Sobieski Vodka tastes great served neat, chilled, on the rocks or in a wonderful summer cocktail.