Cheddar, olive and artichoke frittata - Frittata recipe for Mother's Day
On Mother's Day, make this fabulous frittata served with a Mama Mimosa for a wonderful brunch. This delicious frittata uses olives and artichokes for a unique texture and flavor. Your mom will love this yummy recipe on Mother's Day or anytime!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 eggs (or 3 eggs and 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup halved pitted kalamata or black olives
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento Limited Edition Shredded Wisconsin Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
DirectionsPreparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Beat together eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, olives and pepper; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Pour mixture into skillet; mix well. Cook 2 minutes.
- If skillet is not ovenproof, wrap handle with foil. Transfer skillet to a preheated oven; bake 12 to 14 minutes or until center is just set.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over frittata; return to oven and bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.
Recipe provided by Sargento Cheese.
The Mama Mimosa
- Orange juice
- Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Crumble fresh raspberries into the compartments of an ice cube tray.
- Fill the tray with cold water and freeze.
- Place 2 frozen cubes of raspberry ice in a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass about 3/5 full of chilled champagne.
- Add orange juice, but leave a little bit of room at the top.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Grand Marnier.
- Stir gently and garnish with orange.