Grilled banana splits
Grilling is a wonderful summer pastime. It's a fabulous way to make an easy and delicious meal for your family and friends. But grilling doesn't have to end with meat. You can also grill your dessert! Check out this recipe for yummy grilled banana splits.
- 4 ripe bananas, about 1/2 pound each
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nonfat, frozen yogurt
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat a grill or preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place each banana on its side on a piece of foil.
- Cut a slit lengthwise across the top. Leave the skin attached.
- Push 1/2 tablespoon chocolate chips into the slit of each banana.
- Wrap the bananas with the foil, leaving the top open.
- Grill or bake about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate melts.
- Loosen the foil and press the bananas open a little. Top each banana with 2 tablespoons of the frozen yogurt and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon walnuts.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional informationPer serving:
Grilling tips and recipes