These yummy cinnamon cookies are perfect if you are on a low GI diet and craving something sweet. These low GI cookies taste similar to Snickerdoodles but don’t use sugar or white flour.
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1/2 cup low fat soy flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Finely chop walnuts in a food processor or chopper.
- Place both flours, oat bran, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add nuts and mix until well combined.
- Cream the softened margarine in a separate bowl.
- Add the Splenda and vanilla to the margarine and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg to the margarine mixture and beat well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll into cinnamon, if desired.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on sheet.
- Press down each ball using a fork.
- Bake cookies 15-17 minutes until lightly brown.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.