Sweet potato soup - Delicious sweet potato recipes
A fall favorite, sweet potato soup is actually delicious all year round. Serve this soup for a quick, yummy lunch.
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 16-oz. plain yogurt
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- parsley (garnish)
- Wash and pierce the sweet potatoes.
- Place on a paper towel in microwave oven.
- Cook on high for approximately 15 minutes. (Microwave times vary.)
- Scoop out the flesh from each potato.
- Place sweet potato flesh, yogurt and chicken broth in food processor and puree.
- SautÃ© chopped onion and butter.
- Add sweet potato puree, onions and nutmeg in a large pot.
- Heat until slightly boiling.
- Add nutmeg and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve hot with croutons.