If you don’t want to spend all morning flipping pancakes or French toast, instead bake a French toast casserole. You can prepare the batter the night before then just pop it in the oven in the morning.
This is a great dish for Easter brunch or anytime!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups white bread (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (softened)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- chopped walnuts
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, milk, two tablespoons of sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add with chopped walnuts and raisins, if desired.
- Butter an 8 x 8 inch glass baking pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with cubed bread.
- Pour mixture over bread and top with margarine.
- Mix remaining sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
More Easter Recipes