Snapper with Tomatoes and Spinach
This recipe is perfect for an elegant lunch or light dinner. Snapper with tomatoes and spinach is naturally gluten-free and perfect to serve to anyone, gluten intolerant or not. This is a quick, low-fat and delightfully gourmet dish, that you can prepare in a snap.
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices
- Salt and pepper
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 16 small, fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil for frying fish
- 4 red snapper filets
- 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, shallots, lemon juice and olive oil; whisk until blended.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Broil until browned, being careful not to burn.
- Place 4 tomato slices on each plate and top with a handful of spinach and 4 basil leaves.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season filets with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to skillet and when hot, add fish. Sauté until browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place filets on top of spinach and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by Glutenfreeda.com, the online gluten-free cooking magazine. Glutenfreeda has the largest collection of gluten-free recipes in the world.