If you love tiramisu but don't love all the calories, try this light version provided by Maria Liberati, author of "The Basic Art of Italian Cooking." Because this recipe uses artificial sweetener, along with fat free yogurt and cream cheese, you don't have to feel guilty about eating this delicious Italian dessert.
- 16-ounce package of savoiardi or ladyfingers
- 1 cup espresso coffee
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or 2 packets of artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup powdered unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. amaretto or anisette liqueur
- 8 ounces of fat free coffee flavored yogurt
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- small piece of dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- Place espresso coffee with 1 tablesppon of sugar or 2 packets of artificial sweetener in shallow bowl.
- Dip each ladyfinger in the coffee mixture for about 2 seconds. Then arrange biscotti-side by side to on a plate.
- Place yogurt and cream cheese in bowl and whip together till well belnded with hand mixer. Blend in liqueur.
- Spread about 3/4 of yogurt mixture on top of ladyfingers. Repeat again and top with ladyfingers and then top with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour. Right before serving, dust with powdered cocoa and shave some dark chocolate on top.
Copyright, Maria Liberati, 2005, 2006, 2007, The Basic Art of Italian Cooking.
Maria Liberati is a celebrity chef, bestselling author and healthy cooking expert. Her first book, “The Basic Art of Italian Cooking” met rave reviews. Her next book entitled "The Basic Art of Italian Cooking - Holidays and Special Occasions" will be released in late 2008. You can find out more about Maria from her website at marialiberati.com or her blog at mariaandco.blogspot.com.