Angel hair pasta with tomatoes and sausage
Pasta is a family favorite and it's easy for moms to prepare too. Here's one of my own family recipes for a simple, delicious pasta dinner. You can serve this dish with a basic green salad, along with a side of crusty bread. I use turkey sausage for a more nutritional meal. However, you can use pork or beef sausage if you'd like.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rapid boil.
- Add pasta and continue boiling for 6 minutes until pasta is tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender.
- Drain pasta and then add it to the sausage mixture.
- Add chopped tomatoes and seasonings.
- Toss gently and heat through.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired.
If you are looking for more information about pasta, check out ILovePasta.org. This popular website is all about cooking and eating pasta. The site, which is run by the National Pasta Organization, offers over 300 different pasta recipes, as well as tips on cooking pasta, dieting on pasta and a lot of information about different organizations, expos, summits and meetings concerning pasta.
Points and Prizes Keyword: SHREDDED worth 50 points good through 02/17/08.