Maui Luau Shrimp and Salmon
Do you love shrimp and salmon? Have both in this wonderful dish. Maui Luau Shrimp and Salmon is flavored with sweet pineapple and chili sauce. Serve with your favorite rice and vegetable. This recipe is courtesy of Red Lobster.
- 4 each 5–6 oz. skinned salmon fillet
- 24 each 26–30 count peeled shrimp
- 8 each Fresh pineapple half moons (super sweet variety)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet chili sauce (choose your favorite brand, but make sure it is sweet)
- 4 each Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 10–15 minutes)
- Brush both sides of salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Slide 6 shrimp onto each soaked skewer, leaving room on either end and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pineapple into slices and brush with olive oil.
- On a medium heated grill, place the salmon flesh side down. Grill for 6–7 minutes per side (150 degrees).
- Grill shrimp approximately 3–4 minutes per side (150 degrees); grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side or until there is good carmelization.
- Brush all items generously with the sweet chili sauce.