Burger with swiss cheese recipe
We watched the Tasty Goomba show us how to make this mouthwatering burger with Swiss cheese, merlot and dill with a side of cheesy wine-infused veggies. This extraordinary burger will help you steer clear of the drive-thru.
The Tasty Goomba's at it again with this delicious Swiss cheese burger and a side of veggies. This laid-back recipe lets you control your ingredients; add as much or as little as you want and serve the veggies on the side or even on top of your burger!
Burger with Swiss cheese & a side of veggies
- 1 burger patty
- Swiss cheese
- Dried dill
- White wine
- Fresh veggies (i.e., broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, mushrooms, etc.)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Directions for burger:
- After forming your patty using your favorite method, insert small chunks of high-quality Swiss cheese in various places on one side. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the patty in a preheated saute pan face down (with the side you put the cheese in on the grilling surface).
- Add more cheese to the other side and season with dill.
- Add a splash of merlot and continue to cook until about half done, then flip it over, add a bit more cheese on the top and top with another splash of merlot.
- Cover it with foil and allow it to cook until done.
- Place the burger on a soft bun drizzled with a little olive oil.
Directions for veggies:
- Deglaze the same pan with a little white wine, then toss in your veggies.
- Sprinkle the veggies with a little dill and continue cooking. Add a bit more white wine if they start to look dry.
- Top the vegetables with a little Swiss cheese and cover with foil, continuing to cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the vegetables with the burger (on the side or on the patty) and a glass of merlot.