Of course, you have heard of Tiramisù. But how about T’Irish-misù? This recipe provides an Irish twist to this traditional Italian dessert, and the results are delicious. Using Baileys Original Irish Creme, you can create this delectable dessert drink.
St Patrick’s Day T’Irish-misu
- 4 ounces Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- 2 scoops vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream
- 2-4 ice cubes
- 2 soft ladyfinger cookies sliced lengthwise or shortbread wafers
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Chocolate syrup
- Blend together Baileys Irish Cream, mascarpone, espresso or coffee, ice cream and ice until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup along inside edges of oversized martini glasses.
- Pour mixture from blender into glasses.
- Spread a layer of chocolate-hazelnut spread in between the ladyfingers or sandwich between two shortbread cookies.
- Pass the cookies to dip in the cocktails.
Variation: Rim glass with chocolate syrup by dipping glass in a plate with chocolate syrup.
Since its first introduction in 1974, Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur has become one of the most popular spirits in the world. The luxurious flavors of vanilla, chocolate, fresh cream and Irish whiskey meld together flawlessly to produce the distinctive Baileys creamy taste. Its award-winning recipe, which has evolved to include two flavored varieties, Caramel and Mint Chocolate, is the perfect ready-to-serve cocktail – just twist and pour.
Retail price per 750 ml bottle is approximately $18.99 (price varies per market). Baileys Irish Cream is available at liquor, grocery, club and drug stores nationwide.