Crab Cakes Stuffed with Avocado
Go beyond guacamole this year - whip up this crunchy and creamy Crab Cakes Stuffed with Hass Avocado recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 Tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon style mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crab, rinsed, drained, picked through for shells and squeezed dry
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 6 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared balsamic salad dressing
1. In small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
2. In large bowl, combine shallots, bread crumbs, cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, bell pepper, parsley, mustard, egg, salt and crab. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
3. Stir in avocados. Form crab mixture into 12 cakes and chill for 30 minutes.
4. In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned, turn and brown other side.
5. Serve on a bed of greens and sliced oranges drizzled with dressing.