Looking for a new twist on nachos? Try using shrimp and barbecue sauce to dress this spicy dish.
Shrimp nachos with barbecue sauce recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
- 1 20 ounce carton frozen popcorn shrimp
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces white corn chips
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 4 scallions (both white and green), thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Cook popcorn shrimp according to package directions.
- Toss the chips, shrimp, half the cheese, and jalapenos in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with the barbecue sauce. Scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts and nachos are golden on top, about 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomato and season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Scatter the tomatoes and scallions over the nachos and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce on the side for dipping if desired.