Ham and potato frittata.
Note: This serves 4, so make two if you have more guests.
1 tablespoon oil
3 medium potatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped ham
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
6 large eggs, beaten
1. Peel potatoes, cut in half length wise and slice thin.
2. Heat oil in medium size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, cover and cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned.
3. Stir in ham, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour in eggs. Cook 5 minutes, tilting skillet and lifting edges of frittata with a spatula so uncooked eggs can run underneath.
4. Heat broiler. If skillet handle is wood or plastic double-wrap with foil to prevent scorching.
5. Broil 4-5 inches from broiler or heat source 3-4 minutes until eggs are set and top is golden.
Brunch ideas: Serve frittata with fresh fruit, or a fruit salad, French bread or rolls and a light dessert.