Grilled Steaks with Balsamic Vinaigrette Marinade recipe
Feast on some great low-carb BBQ!
4 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 package (5.2 ounces) herb and garlic soft spreadable cheese
2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup fig preserves or chopped dried figs
1. Prepare marinade in blender.
2. Pour into a zipper-lock bag; add steaks and shake to coat with marinade.
3. Allow to marinate in bag in refrigerator for two hours or more.
4. Add steaks to grill over medium, ash-covered coals.
5. Grill covered for 10 to 14 minutes, or until steaks reach desired doneness.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Heat cheese in small pan over medium heat for two to four minutes, stirring frequently until melted.
8. Cover steaks with cheese sauce and serve.
9. Makes four servings.
8g carbs; 36g protein; 31g fat; 471 calories