Almond flour pancakes recipe
If you’re a low-carber, it is always a challenge to find a good recipe for pancakes, and there are many of them. This is my favorite recipe using, of course, ground almonds (almond flour). They can be served with any toppings you wish, just like regular pancakes. Blueberries, cream, lemon juice and a sprinkling of Splenda as a sweet topping is delicious, but they are also lovely when buttered and served with crispy bacon.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1/2 – 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for frying
- Whisk the egg in a measuring jug, then mix in the almond flour and salt.
- Add enough cream to get a good pancake batter consistency and mix well. In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, melt a tablespoon of butter.
- When the butter begins to foam, spoon about 1/4 of the mixture into the center of the pan and spread out to about 4 inches in diameter.
- Continue to cook for a minute or so until the edges look dry, then carefully flip over and cook for another minute until set. Repeat with the rest of the batter.