Corned beef and cabbage recipe
This corned beef and cabbage recipe will make it easy to impress your friends and family on St. Patrick's day.
Corned beef and cabbage is a popular Saint Patrick's Day recipe that your family will love.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Makes 8 servings
- 5 pounds corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 small head cabbage (about 1 pound), cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups turnips ( 1/2 pound), cut into large dice
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions
- Salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed Directions:
- Cut brisket into two pieces. Place in a deep pot and cover meat with stock. Heat on stove and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add the cabbage, turnips and pearl onions to beef and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. When done, remove meat and let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with vegetables.
Per serving: 945 Calories; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 76g Fat; 51g Protein; 207mg Cholesterol; 1886mg Sodium.