Dessert crepes can be served after a meal or as a decadent breakfast and brunch.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter or cooking oil
Dessert filling of your choice (see below)
1. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add flour and sugar alternately with milk and water, beating with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Refrigerate batter at least an hour.
2. To make crepes, heat a bit of butter on a crepe pan over medium-high heat and pour scant 1/4-cup batter in pan, lifting and tilting pan to spread the batter. Cook until lightly browned on bottom then turn and brown other side.
3. Fill each crepe with desired dessert filling. To store, stack crepes between sheets of waxed paper until ready to use.
- Nutella and ricotta cheese
- Banana slices and peanut butter
- Cream cheese and chopped dark chocolate
- Sauteed apples or peaches with whipped cream
- Berries and Greek yogurt
- Vanilla pudding and orange segments or zest
- Pistachio pudding with chopped pistachios
- Whipped cottage cheese, walnuts, honey and cinnamon
- Tofu whipped with almond butter