Peach Sangria recipe
Peach Sangria is an excellent party drink combining frozen peaches, red wine, cinnamon and Granny Smith apples. This punch-like cocktail is a nice change from the traditional cider and eggnog. Even people who don't like red wine will think this drink is peachy keen!
Peach sangria ingredients
- 4 (750 milliliter) bottles red wine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar or measured sugar substitute equivalent
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 cups (16 oz) sliced frozen peaches
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved
- 3 liters lemon-lime flavored (regular or diet) carbonated beverage
- In a large punch bowl, combine red wine, sugar, apples, peaches, bananas and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, stir in the lemon-lime soda. Add ice as desired and serve.
These recipes were provided courtesy of the South Carolina Peach Council, online at www.scpeach.com.