Mimi's Cafe Boneless Idaho Trout with Lemon-Butter Caper Sauce
Mimi's Cafe, in Tustin, California, serves this lemony good trout dish along with many other fabulous family-friendly options.
Their recipe for the Boneless Idaho Trout with Lemon-Butter Caper Sauce is below. (If you're in the area, do stop in and check out some of their other new items such as the Spice Rubbed Baby Back Ribs or the Pesto Shrimp with Tomato Mozzarella Ravioli!)
Boneless Idaho Trout with Lemon-Butter Caper SauceServes 4
- 4 boneless Idaho trout fillets, skin on (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper over both sides of trout. Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place trout, skin-side up, in pan and cook about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn trout over and cook second side about 2 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Divide trout among four heated dinner plates and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet over medium heat, add the wine, 3 tablespoons of the butter, capers, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat and stir 3 minutes or until butter is melted and sauce is bubbling. Remove pan from heat and swirl in remaining tablespoon of butter until melted. Divide sauce by pouring over trout on warmed plates. Garnish each serving with a lemon wedge that has been dipped in chopped parsley. Serve with hot mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.