Here’s a deliciously fruity and refreshing summer beverage — best enjoyed from large wine glasses, filled with ice and garnished with fruit.
Berry Peach Sangria Recipe
- 750 ml (about 3 cups) dry red table wine, such as a Burgundy
- 1/2 cup orange juice, or juice of 2 large oranges
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, or juice of one large lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries, blackberries – fresh or frozen
- 2 peaches, quartered and sliced
- 12 oz. (1-1/2 cups) club soda or sparking mineral water
- In a punch bowl or 2-1/2 quart pitcher, stir together first 5 ingredients. When sugar is dissolved, add berries and refrigerate 2-3 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
- About 1 hour before serving, add peaches. Add soda/mineral water to sangria just before serving. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with berries and fruit slices.
Each serving provides 198 Calories; 1g Protein, 0g FAT; 26g Carbohydrate; 23mg Vitamin C; 25mg Calcium; 19mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; 14g Alcohol
Recipe courtesy of the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission