Breasts of tender minty-orange-marinated chicken partner remarkably with a stellar fruit relish. Slices of star fruit improve the presentation of any dish.
Ingredients for relish:
- 5 star fruit (carambola)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped orange zest (save orange for marinade)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced gingerroot
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar Juice of 1 lime
Ingredients for Chicken:
- Juice of one orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leavesv
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- 1. Peel star fruit, dice three of them, and thinly slice other two crosswise.
- Combine relish ingredients in small bowl, cover, and set aside. Relish can be made the day ahead and refrigerated until use.
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, mint, black pepper and salt in large bowl and add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Cover and marinate for at least an hour or as long as overnight. Refrigerate if marinating more than two hours.
- Preheat broiler and spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Broil chicken until cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with knife, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes to let juices redistribute.
- Serve with relish.
Serves 4. Per serving: 11g carbs; 3.6g fiber; 29g protein; 10g fat; 73mg cholesterol; 136mg sodium; 252 calorie