This holiday season, Dunkin’ wants to help you refuel on caffeine and optimism. (Their words, not ours.) To pull this off, Dunkin’ is giving us what we all want: free money.
On Wednesday, Dunkin’ kicked off its new “Dozen Days of Joy.” During this 12-day campaign, the Dunkin’ joy squad will visit 12 U.S. cities, giving away a total of $120,000 in free Dunkin’ gift cards, or $10,000 worth of $5 gift cards per city.
The cities and locations include the following:
- Providence (in the downtown area)
- Philadelphia (in the Center City area)
- Hartford (at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut)
- Los Angeles (in the downtown Santa Monica area)
- Detroit (on two separate days, Dec. 14 in the area of the USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan, and Dec. 22 in the area of the Detroit Medical Center in Plymouth)
- Atlanta (in the Atlanta and Marietta area)
- Miami (in the Downtown Miami or Davie, Florida, areas)
- New York (in the Midtown Manhattan or Downtown/Boerum Hill in Brooklyn, New York, areas)
- Boston (in the downtown area)
- Washington, D.C.
The first 2,000 people who show up to the area where Dunkin’ is giving away the gift cards will receive one $5 gift card.
In each of these cities, Dunkin’ will also make a $1,000 donation to a local organization aligned with the mission of the Joy in Childhood Foundation, Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins’ nonprofit organization that brings joy to kids battling hunger or illness.
It doesn’t end there.
Dunkin’ and its Joy in Childhood Foundation are also launching the new Dogs for Joy program, which brings trained, in-residence service dogs to children’s hospitals nationwide. These dogs work full-time in children’s hospitals to help bring joy to kids battling illness.
And this is what this season’s all about: giving back. You go, Dunkin’.