Are you begrudgingly turning down bagels because of their heft of carbs? Avoid no more. Simply hollow them out and fill them with a high protein mix like this crab salad or your favorite recipe featuring chicken, tuna or hard cooked eggs.
Hollowed Bagel Crab Salad Sandwich
- 1 whole wheat bagel, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked crab meat (fresh or canned, drained)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced olives
- Black pepper to taste
- Using a serrated spoon or your fingers, hollow out bagel halves, leaving shape intact.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, divide between the two bagel halves and serve immediately.