Loaded with turkey, broccoli and cheese, these crepes make a lovely light lunch or dinner.
1 1/3 cups 2% lowfat milk
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
2 cups diced cooked turkey breast (or chicken)
1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli, finely chopped White pepper to taste
1. To make the crepes, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, thyme and butter or olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Cover batter and refrigerate for at least one hour or even
2. When ready to make crepes, rewhisk batter and set a crepe pan or 9- to 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in 1/4 cup
batter into pan. Lift pan and tilt and rotate to coat the surface. Place pan back on burner and cook crepe until the top is almost dry and the edges are golden, about one minute.
3. Loosen the edges with a spatula and flip crepe. Cook for another 15 to 20 seconds or until crepe is golden on both sides. Slide crepe onto a stack of paper towels to cool.
4. Wipe out pan with a paper towel and repeat above procedure, stacking crepes in between paper towels until ready to serve.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a medium-sized baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
6. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, ricotta, yogurt, Parmesan and sage. Stir in turkey and broccoli and season to taste.
7. Divide filling among crepes and lay seam side down in the baking dish.
8. Spray crepes with nonstick cooking spray and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and transfer each crepe to an individual serving plate and serve immediately.
Make Ahead: Crepes can be made up to three days ahead. Once they are completely cooled, layer in between pieces of wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve. Crepes can also be stored in the
freezer for up to two months.
Serves 8. Per serving using butter: 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 19g protein, 8g fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 265mg sodium, 46mg cholesterol, 210 calories, 72 calories from fat.