A St Patrick’s Day start to any morning, these Irish scones are delish!
Sweet Irish Scones for St Patrick’s Day
Makes 3 to 4 dozen, depending on the sizeLove St Patrick’s Day? Check out St Patrick’s Day and Irish recipes and more.
6-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 sticks butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup currants or raisins
2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Sift the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder together.
2. Mix the butter pieces into the dry ingredients and quickly mix with your fingers.
3. Add the currants or raisins and stir with a fork.
4. Mix eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
5. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and milk.
6. Working with 1/2 of the dough at a time, shape into a ball and pat out to about 1-inch thickness, onto a lightly-floured board.
7. Cut into shapes using any circle cutter. A glass dipped in flour will work.
8. Brush the top of each scone with a little milk to glaze.
9. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.