A low-carb twist on a traditional BBQ side
3 cans Eden black soy beans
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon guar gum
2 tablespoons Sugar Twin Brown Sugar Replacement
1 tablespoon Splenda (can be omitted depending on your preference)
2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 ounces tomato sauce
4 slices raw bacon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Drain the beans and rinse well.
3. Pour into an 8″ X 11″ baking dish or cakepan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the guar gum, Brown Sugar Twin, Splenda, molasses, cinnamon, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Add to ground beef.
6. Cook beef mixture on medium heat til brown.
7. Combine with beans and put all into baking dish.
8. Cut bacon into pieces and scatter on top.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
10. Makes 12 servings.
Per serving (1 cup): 5.13g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 9g protein