This low-carb entree will be a hit at your next backyard barbecue.
Grilled, marinated swordfish kabobs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne, or to taste
- Pinch of salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Juice of 2 limes (about 3 tablespoons)
Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2 pounds swordfish, rinsed, patted dry, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 pound small brown or white button mushrooms
- Wooden or metal skewers (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.)
- Place swordfish in marinade, cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove swordfish from marinade and thread onto skewers, alternating with squares of bell pepper and mushrooms. Lightly oil the grill and place skewers on the grate.
- Grill until fish is cooked through, about three to five minutes per side. Remove from grill and serve.
Per serving: 6g carbs; 1g fiber; 25g protein; 179 calories