Set your $5.99 block of white cheddar to the side, because your night cheese sessions are about to get a whole lot fancier thanks to Whole Foods.
Whole Foods knows exactly what we all want this Christmas — cheese, cheese and more cheese, thank you very much — and they’re giving us just that. For 12 straight days, the grocer is highlighting a different high-quality artisan cheese from Dec. 12 through Dec. 23.
Each of Whole Foods’ selected cheeses — from Gouda and Gruyère to Beaufort and goat cheese — will be majorly discounted at 50 percent off for one day only during their 12 Days of Cheese in-store event.
And if you’re an Amazon Prime member? You get an additional 10 percent off! That’s 60 percent off, people.
“We’ve curated a diverse and innovative selection, including several world champion cheeses and a few exclusive cheeses you can only get at your local Whole Foods Market,” said Whole Foods Market’s global executive coordinator of specialty and product innovation and development, Cathy Strange, in a press release. “The 12 Days of Cheese is truly a celebration of our favorite cheeses and they will each be available at an incredible value for one day only!”
Grab a pen and paper or pull up your Google Cal because here’s where the note-taking comes in.
The 12 Days of Cheese featured cheeses include the following:
- Dec. 12: Klare Melk truffle Gouda, a rich, flavorful raw milk Gouda laced with truffles
- Dec. 13: Esquirrou Petit Ossau-Iraty, a French cheese with nutty notes
- Dec. 14: Kaltbach cave-aged Gruyère, a robust, flavorful Swiss cheese with tangy fruit and nutty notes
- Dec. 15: Vermont Creamery Bijou, a geotrichum-rind cheese with citrus flavors
- Dec. 16: Mons Camembert, a smooth, salty, earthy cheese from France
- Dec. 17: Neal’s Yard Dairy Keen’s Cheddar, a farmhouse Cheddar from the U.K.
- Dec. 18: Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog, an American goat cheese
- Dec. 19: Uplands Cheese Pleasant Ridge Reserve, a sweet raw-milk cheese modeled on Beaufortis, a classic French cheese
- Dec. 20: Saxon Creamery Hika Bay, a Wisconsin cheese named one of the top 16 cheeses in the world
- Dec. 21: Rogue Creamery Organic Enraptured Blue, a blue cheese soaked in a blend of biodynamic merlot, Syrah and zinfandel from the Frey Vineyards
- Dec. 22: Mitica Drunken Goat, a creamy goat cheese soaked for three days in monastrell wine
- Dec. 23: Cellars at Jasper Hill Kombucha Willoughby, a flavorful Willoughby cheese with notes of jasmine and lavender washed with organic Dr. Kombucha Love
Believe us when we say these discounted cheeses are worth every penny. They were carefully selected by both Whole Foods Market’s global experts and their certified cheese professionals, after all.