Amazon is sticking by its promise to cut prices at Whole Foods this week, announcing via press release that Prime members will receive an additional 10 percent discount on sale items and that they’ll be creating a rotating list of best-selling items that will be slated for discounts.
The program has been launched in Florida at all Whole Foods stores and will expand to all other U.S. Whole Foods and Whole Foods Market 365 stores later this summer. Members can take advantage of the discounts by scanning their Whole Foods Market app at checkout or provide their Prime-linked phone number for savings.
“Our vision is that every day Prime makes your life better, easier and more fun, and shopping at Whole Foods Market with exclusive deals and savings is all of this and more,” vice president of Amazon Prime Cem Sibay said in a statement.
The news comes after Amazon announced a price hike for Prime membership by $20 a year, from $99 to $119.
To give you a sense of discounts to expect, here are some of the discounts available at Florida stores through May 22:
- Sustainable wild-caught halibut steaks: $9.99 per pound, save $10 per pound
- Organic strawberries: 1 pound for $2.99, save $2
- Cold-brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars: 50 percent off 16 ounces
- Kind granola: 11-ounce bags 2 for $6
- 365 Everyday Value sparkling water: Buy one 12-pack case, get one free
- Magic Mushroom Powder: 50 percent off
The discount joins other perks Amazon has added since the Whole Foods merger, like free two-hour grocery delivery in 10 cities and 5 percent back on the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card when swiped at Whole Foods along with reducing prices across the store.