Ready for a hot weekend full of cool drinks? With America’s birthday right around the corner, it’s crunch time in terms of party planning. Even if you’re not the Independence Day party type, let me and the gang at Disco Kitchen inspire you to at least whip up some seriously festive cocktails.
Here are three of my favorites that taste just as good as freedom feels.
The red state recipe
- Malibu Rum
- Pour 2 parts rum into a shaker.
- Add 1 part grenadine.
- Add 1 ice cube into a rocks glass and pour the mixture in.
- For a little something extra, add 2 parts seltzer water.
The bald eagle recipe
- Coconut cream
- Lime juice
- Salt for rim of glass
- Lime wheel
- Start out by pouring 1 part coconut cream in the shaker.
- Add 2 parts tequila to the mix.
- Mix in 2 parts lime juice.
- Add 1 part Cointreau.
- Finish off by rimming the glass with salt, garnishing with the lime wheel and pouring in your drink.
The Betsy Ross recipe
- Lillet Blanc
- Blue Curaçao
- Lime juice
- Start out by mixing 1 part gin and 1 part Lillet Blanc into the shaker.
- For the truly patriotic feel, add in 1 part Blue Curaçao.
- Finish off with 1 part lime juice and 1 dash of Absinthe and add a cube of ice.
Originally posted on StyleCaster.