Make-Ahead Salmon Quinoa Bowls Pack a Protein Punch
We all know premade lunches are a major win when it comes to getting through your morning with your sanity intact. They're also pretty helpful when it comes to eating a wholesome lunch instead of hitting up the closest fast food joint. The secret is creating make-ahead lunches packed with lean protein to keep you fueled and energized until dinnertime. The salmon quinoa bowls are a perfect example — and they're super-easy to make.
Salmon quinoa bowls recipe
- 2 (2.6 ounces each) StarKist® Salmon Creations®, Mango Chipotle pouches
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or more if you like a little more spice)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups diced butternut squash (1/2-inch size pieces)
- 1/4 cup roasted pepita seeds
- In a large saucepan over medium-high to high heat, bring the broth to a boil and add the quinoa. Place a lid on saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes (or use 2 cups cooked quinoa).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, squash, oil, garlic salt, paprika, butter and pepper.
- On a rimmed sheet pan that has been lined with foil, spread the vegetable mixture. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with quinoa and divide between 4 lunch containers or 4 lettuce-lined plates.
- Top with a sprinkle of pepita seeds and StarKist® Salmon Creations®, Mango Chipotle.
This post was sponsored by StarKist® Tuna and Salmon Creations® Pouches.